Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Great News!!!

Just read Dr. Kevin Anderson's blog and he is doing AWESOME!! He is doing so well that he might be able to go home on Thursday. That is incredible! It just makes me realize that I am doing the right thing going forward with the stem cell transplant. I want to start living my "new normal life" and be healthy. I'm not afraid!

I decided on Saturday that if my hair is going to fall out then let's start cutting it short now. So I found a picture of a wig and I had my hair cut to that style. It was a wig by Rachel Welch called Voltage. I love the style and its so easy to style. So next month I will cut a little shorter and then a few days after I receive the high dose of chemo I will have my friend Terri Nappi come to Stanford and shave my head. I don't want to start losing big chucks of hair. Everyone I have talked to who has undergone high dose chemo said the same thing, "shave it before it falls out". I will have my cute wig ordered by then and start wearing the wig when I leave the hospital.

Time will go by really fast before the stem cell transplant because I have so many doctor appointments, biopsy, tests and blood work to do. I found out yesterday that Dr. Dana said I do not have to have a heart biopsy until after I recover from the stem cell transplant. That's both positive and negative because I worry about rejection, but the biopsy can hurt sometimes too.
I have complete faith in my heart transplant doctors and the doctors at Stanford. They have always said their goal was to give us our life back and they have.

Well I just wanted to share the good news about the recovery of my dear friend, Dr. Kevin. Please continue to pray for him and send your blessings.

This news was a definite moment in time to cherish. I'm so happy he is doing well! Make moments in time to cherish everyday.

love,
Debbie

No comments: