Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Biopsy Results

It's Wednesday and all day I waited for the "call". Finally at 2:30PM after having a wonderful lunch with Sarah Shaker, my client from Instituto Laboral De La Raza, I decided to call the heart transplant center. I was told they were calling everyone and would call me back. I waited another two hours and again was told they would call me back. I was so anxious and started having a tension headache, so I thought I'm going to go for a walk to get it off my mind. About halfway through my walk, my cell phone rang and yes finally it was "Sue". As we made small talk about why they had not called soon, my mind kept thinking "be strong if it's bad news". I said to Sue, "ok give me the news". She laughed and said, "Debbie you are NER". I screamed a loud "YEAH"! I was so happy, two months in a row NER! Now this means I can go to Beverly Hills this weekend, I won't have to have a biopsy for two months (6 months post transplant, can you believe that), and I'm finally off Presidone (steroid).

I am still waiting for the results of the heart biopsy for Amyloid. Sue said that could take a few more days to receive from the lab. My heart tells me it will be negative, so I'm not worried. Jazmin is watching over me and she will not let anything happen.

Tomorrow I will spend the day packing and getting ready to go to Beverly Hills. I'm so excited to stay at the new Montage Beverly Hills. I think I will have either a facial or pedicure or maybe both. HA HA! I'm just happy to go away for a weekend trip. It's been a very long time!! I will see Kathy Conley and her husband Dan on Saturday. Debbie, Kathy and I will spend time together window shopping on Rodeo Drive and going to the spa. There is one shop that has beautiful evening dresses that I want to go into. Every time I have gone to Beverly Hills the store was closed. I hope I can go inside this time. Although I have gained alot of weight I don't think I will be able to try any dresses on, because we all know most movie stars are a size "0", it will be fun just looking at them. I can dream and maybe someday I will be able to try one of those dresses on.

Have a wonderful weekend. I will bring my camera and take lots of pictures to share. I plan to make many moments that take my breath away!!!

love,
Debbie

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)