Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Doctor Appointment Stanford Hospital

Great News!!! No evidence of amyloid in my new shared heart!!!! Yeah!!!


I am so grateful for the blessings of a beautiful shared heart. Jazmin is always on my mind and I know she is with me every step of the way through these moments in time.


I told Dr. Wittles and Dr. Schrier that I am ready to go forward with the stem cell transplant beginning with testing in April and the stem cell transplant in May. I voiced my concerns regarding the complications Dr. Kevin has experienced. They both say not everyone will experience those kind of complications. I believe this is true because going through the heart transplant, each patient was different. We all have different experiences with the heart transplant. So I have to have faith in the doctors at Stanford Medical Center and I have to be as strong as I can be before beginning the next step. That includes mental, physical and emotional.

I have been walking, doing pilates, little weigh lifting including ball squats for two minutes. Mental and emotional I want to thank Dr. Flavio for his helpful suggestions and talks. I feel I am prepared for the next step in treating the disease and living a "new normal life".


I love the words "new normal life". Dr. Kevin expressed it to me when I visited him at Stanford. We will not have our normal lives back but a "new normal life". I'm ready for my new normal life with the disease in complete response.

Have a wonderful day! I had a nice walk today and enjoyed the beautiful scenery of trees, vineyards and flowers. Life is good!

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie, it's great to hear your positive words. attitude is extremely important when dealing with such difficult things. It sounds like you're feeling well and it's great that you are keeping busy. I'm feeling great and improving everyday. Yesterday i went to the gym and shot hoops. I was extremely pleased that I could shoot, I even was making three pointers. i'm feeling great both physically and emotionally. I don't have a blog but you can e-mail me at tetonct@gmail.com. thanks for your inspiration, love Matt Mccuskey, your hospital neighbor and transplant buddy

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA I knew it I knew it, See Jazmin wants to go traveling so she is going along with you to make that heart healthy and strong.

I'm so happy sissy, You go enjoy your new life because that little girl is going to make sure you live your life to the fullest..

I love you
Me Your lil sis