Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When will the Day Come

When will the day come where I don't wake up and go to sleep thinking about my disease. I'm not even worried about my shared heart. It is a beautiful strong heart and I feel great. But there is that looming thought of the disease which has changed my life. I want to wake up and not think about the word "Amyloidosis".

Last Friday, I received my second dose of the second course of Velcade. By 5:00PM that night my neck, down to the middle of my back was so sore. I woke up on Saturday and felt awful. All day my body hurt. I'm only able to take Tylenol and didn't want to take Vicodin which is so strong. I was able to go to Rachael's surprise birthday party and tried to go to dinner at Markie and Erin's house. I couldn't do it and left early. I came home, ate some cream of wheat, took my pills including a sleeping pill and went to bed. Sunday I woke up feeling better and that feeling has been gone since then.

BUT, tomorrow is Wednesday and I have to take Decadron. Decadron makes me feel wired, so I won't be sleeping much tomorrow night. The good news is that my Lambha light chain count went down again to 207 from 311. Those crazy numbers drive me crazy. I don't want to get too excited because they go up and down so quickly. I will do my lab work on Thursday and see what the numbers are this week after two doses of Velcade. I would be so happy to see those numbers go down under 100. That would be GREAT!

I'm so happy the time is changing this weekend. I love summer and when the time changes I know summer is almost here. I plan to spend alot of time at my trailer in Lake County relaxing and recovering. It is so peaceful there and I enjoy it so much.

I am looking forward to the dry weather this weekend. I wish I could do some gardening but I can't touch dirt. Now believe me I'm happy about that but still want some things done in the yard. My iris plants need to be separated and planted on the other side of my yard. So I think I will show Mark how to do it and hopefully we can do it. The builder planted these plants all in purple on one side of the yard and each year I keep saying I'm going to replant some on the other side, so this is the weekend.

I have my stem cell transplant meeting on Friday. I plan to sign the documents authorizing the stem cell transplant when I need it. We will see the transplant team at 1:00PM to discuss the procedure. I want to get as much information as possible before I have to do it. As you all know, Dr. Kevin Anderson, is currently undergoing a stem cell transplant (please refer to Kevin's blog site: WWW.kevinandbarbie.com for daily updates on his progress. Please pray for Kevin during this time.

Tonight is another night of The Bachelor. Wow what a crazy night last night! I plan to watch my Sharks play at 7:30PM and then the Bachelor.

Have a wonderful evening!

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Sister!! Thank you so much for making it to my surprise party, it was SO awesome that you made it and very special to me that you were there to share my special day! Love you lots!! xoxo Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz
What a busy last couple of days. I'm sorry to hear that the medicines are making you so miserable. Hope these next couple of doses are easier on you.
This time you talked about going to the trailer, I haven't heard you talk about that for a while. Boy I sure hope the weather clears up soon so you can get out. Seems dull and dreary when stuck in the house due to the rain. You have to let me know when you are feeling well enough to go somewhere. I want to take you away for the day, maybe the weekend. You let me know, and lets plan it. I'm not just saying that either. I'd really like to do that, so keep me in mind...ok?
In the mean time, take it easy, stay clear from any colds or flu..which are going around in the schools..and know that I think of you often and keep you in my prayers.
Luv you,
Cousing Maria