Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What's New!

This past week was a rough one. I had chemo on Tuesday and then met with Dr. Scherir at Stanford that afternoon. My lambha light chain count went up from 75 to 141 and of course he is very concerned. I'm always sick, tired and sore after chemo each week. So what does he recommend three weeks a month of chemo with one week off. I'm not happy but what choices do I have. That means three weeks each month I feel awful. Not the quality of life I want!
I asked if I could wait until I return from my vacation to start the new treatment plan and he agreed. So the first week of June I will start the new treatment and hopefully my numbers will start to come down again. I was so excited when they went to 75 but its like something inside of me (a monster) keeps telling me that he has control and I have to keep fighting. It is so hard to keep up the positive attitude when you are faced with this each and every day.

Now I just want to go away for these 3 weeks and enjoy every moment. I really need the time away. We are going on a 17 day motor home trip with Bob and Cindy Keyes. They will be with us for the first 9 days and then its me and my hubby alone for the rest of the trip. We are visiting Yosemite, Laughlin NV, Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Salt Lake City, Yellowstone, Weiser Id (Mark's sister), Crater Lake, Grants Pass and then to the coast in Crescent City and home through the Redwoods. It is going to be a beautiful trip and one I have wanted to do for over 20 years. I feel so blessed to have seen such beautiful places like Italy, Spain, Alaska, the Caribbean but this is going to be so very special. I will be bringing my lap top and will share photos and updates along the way. So look for updates. We leave on Saturday and return on June 6th.

I also have the most special news to tell, I'm going to be a grandma again. Mark and Erin are expecting baby #2 in December. I'm so excited to have more grandchildren. Little Markie is the love of my life. I watch him every Monday and it is the best day of the week. He is why I keep fighting along with my family who love me so very much. I'm so blessed.

Well I will update on the road starting Saturday.

Remember: Every moment is a gift!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: