Wednesday, May 25, 2011


































Today was truly a day I will never forget! The saying I like the most "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but the number of moments that take your breath away". Today was that day!


We started our day at 9:00AM at the Grand Canyon Railway. We had reserved seats in the luxury car at the back of the train. It was terrific! What a way to spend the day. The train left Williams AZ at 9:00AM for a two and half hour drive up the mountain to the Grand Canyon. We sat in luxury with a continental breakfast, drinks, coffee and orange juice. We had a great rail car assistant named Carol who was a kick. She told us jokes and was so much fun. Oh as I writing this blog, the train goes by blowing its horn. Didn't sleep much last night because at 2 or 3 in the morning one came through the town blowing its horn. Can you believe that? It was great! I was so afraid Mia would start barking at it. She didn't but seem a little confused as to what that was.


Anyway, our day started with a pleasant and comfortable ride to the Grand Canyon. We arrived there at about noon. The walk to the Grand Canyon Rim I have to admit was pretty hard for me. It was many and I mean many stairs to get from the depot to the rim. I did it but my heart was pounding. Then it happened. My first sight of the Grand Canyon and it differently was "A moment that took my breath away". It almost seems unreal when you first see it. I thought it looked like a painting. I'm so happy I was able to see it. I will never forget this day!

We had a wonderful lunch at the El Tovar restaurant overlooking the Grand Canyon Rim. It was then time to get on the train for the ride back. Again we were in the luxury car and had wonderful appetizers and drinks including champagne. I had sparkling cider to celebrate a wonderful experience. All of a sudden the train stopped and would you believe "train robbers" boarded the train. They came to our car and rob us. The sheriff quickly came through the door and hauled them away. It was so fun!


I hope you enjoy the pictures. Please don't say "someday" you want to go to the Grand Canyon or Yosemite or somewhere else. Do it today! You never know how many todays are left I'm not living that way anymore. I'm going to live life!!!!!


Love,

Debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie, you look amazing! I think this trip is just what the Dr. ordered. My heart is so happy for you. Thanks for posting the pictures, they are beautiful. Have fun, be safe and tell Mark, Cindy and Bob I said hello. Love you. Donna
Oh…did Mark bring his happy camper tee shirt ha-ha.