Monday, May 30, 2011

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

DRIVING IN THE SNOW

LAKE IN THE GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK



SNAKE RIVER IN THE GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK





I WOULDN'T SAY WE WERE WELCOMED




CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THE TOWN NAME BUT THESE WERE SO CUTE




BEAR LAKE





SNOW CLIMBING THE MOUTAIN TO THE GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK








All I can say is yesterday was a nightmare or as Mark said, A Day From Hell. It actually started out great except for dropping Bob and Cindy off at the Salt Lake City airport to fly home.


We had a wonderful week together. I'm so happy to have spent this special time with them. I have so many memories that I will cherish forever.


After dropping them off at the airport, Mark and I packed up the motorhome and started our journey to Yellowstone National Park. All day we dodge the weather. Some places it rained and some pkaces it was beautiful until we reached Yellowstone.


As you can see from the pictures we went from hot desert weather to cold snowy weather. What a change? I know we live in the most wonderful place on earth. We get bad weather but nothing like what we saw yesterday.


So we continue towards Yellowstone going through the south entrance on our way to the west entrance to our RV Park Grizzley Bear RV Park. We were about 47 miles from the RV park deep in Yellowstone when it started snowing and I mean snowing. I'm driving towing my little bug and it was a mess. All of a sudden we look ahead and a big bus is turning around in the middle of the road and we see the road is closed. The ranger at the station we paid $25 to said nothing about the road being closed and let us go over 50 miles in the snow only to have to turn around and go all the way back to Jackson for the night. We were coming down the hill from about 6,900 feet snow everywhere in the pitch black. Not only did we have to worry about the weather but also the wildlife on the road. We saw hundreds of elk on both sides of the road. I have never been so scared in my life. Finally after 2 hours of this we made it to Jackson, Wyoming again. It was 10:00 PM nothing open except McDonalds and I have not taken my meds yet. I couldn't eat but only bites to get my meds down. The worst was to come.


We had no where to go. The only RV park in Jackson was The Virginian and it was closed. We drove around and decided to sleep in the parking lot of a bank. I never closed my eyes. My stomach was aching from the stress and I was so scared someone would bother us. It was a nightmare!


Both Mark and I couldn't sleep and finally felt better when the sun came up. We went to the gas station and filled up gas and propane. I waited till 8:00AM to call the RV Park to see if we could stay there. George was great. The park checkin was 1:00PM and I told him my nightmare from the night before and he allowed us to checkin early. We immediately went there, I paid and Mark set up the motorhome. By the time I got back to the motorhome everything including the TV was working. It was warm and cozy. I felt much better. I made breakfast and we sat and decided our destinations for the rest of the trip.


Also, on top of all that the dining area window blow out while driving and now we have no window. It's 43 degrees out right now and it will be 29 tonight. We have the heater which, thank God, works. We can't do anything until Tuesday because of the holiday today. Just one more thing. I don't know if someone is trying to spoil my fun but it's not working.


So now I have checked the road and weather conditions and our plans have changed. We will not be going to Yellowstone or Crater Lake. Both places call for snow and I'm done with that. So we are going to Jerome, ID Tuesday; Burns, OR Wednesday; Klamath Falls, OR Thursday and Crescent City, CA on Friday; Home Saturday. We decided to cut our trip short by one day to get home and unpack, clean motorhome and relax in our home.


Trust me it has been wonderful and I will never forget the moments. But there is no place like home. I can't wait to go home! I especially miss my boys, Erin and little markie. I can't wait to see little Markie. I got him so many cute little things from the places I visited. Maybe someday I will take him and my newest grandchild on a trip like this. First comes the lake. I want to take him to the lake house and take him fishing and feed the ducks. I plan to spend almost every weekend at the lake. Sun and fun!


Please enjoy the pictures! Remember every moment is a gift!


Love,

Debbie

No comments: