Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Decadron Night

Well its a Decadron night and I'm wired and up. Erin came for dinner and she just left. Yes all we did was talk since 6 o'clock tonight. I had a wonderful time with her tonight. We talked about everything. Erin's friend Amanda had a stem cell transplant and was going to come tonight but had another appointment. She is planning to come next week. I want to talk to her about some of the complications she experienced during the stem cell transplant. I know everyone is different and I will experience things differently than Dr. Kevin and Amanada. It just helps to talk to others that have gone through it.

I have a slight dull head ache which is normal for taking Decadron. I hope I'm ok on Saturday because I have the Amyloidosis Support Meeting and I want to go. It doesn't matter, I will drag myself there. It's important to me!!!

Tomorrow I will do my labs at 7 in the morning and wait until the afternoon to see if I will be able to take Velcade on Friday. I hope my liver tests come out ok and Dr. Akthar let's me go ahead with Velcade. I also have a doctor's appointment with Dr. Akthar tomorrow to discuss the upcoming tests (Bone marrow biopsy, echo and pulmonary function tests) and the stem cell transplant. I will also know by Monday what my lambha light chain count is for this week. Reading Dr. Kevin's blog posting tonight, he is right those numbers are spurious (a new word I learned today meaning "not true"). These numbers go crazy and I have to realize that. I'm not going to put to much weight on these numbers until after the stem cell transplant. Dr. Kevin did say that they feel the numbers should drop at least 50% after transplant. So my number this week was 234 for Kaiser and 23.4 for Stanford. So my numbers should drop to 117 for Kaiser which is still too high. Kaiser's normal range is no more than 26. So we will have to deal with that. As for Stanford their range is 2.3, I believe. Dropping 50% my number would be 11.7. It makes me go crazy! I have to forget about it and just pray that the stem cell transplant will be successful and I can live my "new normal life".

Have a wonderful day tomorrow! Make moments that take your breath away! Tonight spending time with Erin, made moments that took my breath away!!!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: