Saturday, December 13, 2008


It's Saturday and where's the rain. The forecasters said we were going to get soaked with the big storm. It was such a beautiful day. The air was cool but the sun would pop out of the black clouds every so often. I didn't go out but watch the clouds roll by. The wind was strong and the leaves are everywhere. My Italian and Sicilian flags are blowing in the strong wind. It's that time of the year.

I put up a Christmas tree this week. Alot of you know that the Douglas Family always seems to find the biggest tree possible and gather all the neighbors to help bring it in. Not this year! This year is different. The heart transplant doctors felt a real tree inside would not be best for me. They felt the possibility of fungus or mold would not be good for the heart. So this year, my good friends Jane and Steve Bjork gave us one of their extra artificial trees. It is so cute. It is on a rotating stand and was so easy to decorate. I just stood there as it went around and decorated. Oh, and no outside lights this year either. Mark just felt this year we would take a break and enjoy the holiday without worrying about the lights going out. There's always next year! A lot of traditions kind of went sideways this year! I wasn't able to do my Gingerbread house or make cookies. There's always next year! This year will be different but I am blessed. I'm here!

Maxwell is coming home this Wednesday. We haven't seen him since July. I'm so excited to see him. Uncle Joey and I will pick him up at the airport. He's already asked for his favorite foods -lasagna and split pea soup. So I will be cooking lots while he is at home. We are going to Grandma Ruby's house for early Christmas dinner and the boys are going to the Shark game next Saturday. I'm so happy to spend time with Maxwell while he is at home. He can drive me around and I'll be able to get out a little. Markie's birthday is Wednesday and we will be celebrating his birthday on Friday. He wanted a little get together in the bar room for his birthday. It will be so great to have all my boys home together.

Mark went to the trailer today. We haven't been there since September. I hope it's still there! HAHA! The doctors will not let me go to the lake until Summer because of the trees, dirt, fungus and mold. Our trailer has a propane heater and doctors feel it's not healthy for me. So Mark and Scottie went up today and closed both trailers for the winter. We will be back before the Summer enjoying the lake, boating, visiting with our friends and just relaxing. I love my little trailer.

We are going to Scott and Carol Dolinsek's open house tonight. Scott and Carol were so kind while I was living at the hotel to feed Mark every Thursday night at their house. I haven't seen them since I've been home so I'm excited to see them tonight. I'm feeling just a little tired and weak today. I watched the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. What a cute movie! Find the meaning to the movie - it's amazing.

Tomorrow Mark is taking me to Costco. We need to stock up on meat. Then its Sunday football. Scott and Linda are staying for dinner and I'm making leg of lamb, roasted potatoes and carrots with Bearnaise sauce. YUM! Maybe the rain will come tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the rain. We need it.

My wish for all is to not stress during this holiday season. Think about what is important in your life. What do you value in your life. Spend time with family and friends making moments that take your breath away!

love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sister Pooo,

Hey your waiting for the rain, hell I'm waiting for the snow. It's frikin cold up here.

Well i can't wait to see max too, I'll be there on saturday or sunday, I love you and yes there is always next year and next year after that and so on and so on and so on ge the picture.

Your going to be here to make 100 more Gingerbread Houses.

Remember sissy Jazmin wants to travel.

Love you.
Me

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
As you know by now I've been very busy with my parents for almost a month now.
I know you are thinking about coming over on Friday.
Would you like to come over for dinner so I can see you also? I really miss you.
I get off at 4 pm, hopefully I'll get off earlier and if I do I'll let you know and we can meet earlier.
Call me on the phone.

Love,
tami