Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BIGGER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT
Well today didn't go the way I thought but there are bigger things to worry about. Maxwell missed his flight in Toronto, Canada this morning because someone did not get him to the airport on time. We learn a lesson and that will not happen again. So the poor kid has been flying all over Canada to get home tonight. I'm so disappointed because I want to see him so bad. He has not seen me since my heart transplant and I know he is worried. I also made him his favorite dinner ham and scalloped potatoes and corn. Markie is coming over at ten o'clock to see his little brother and have dinner after pick up hockey. Maxwell wanted to play hockey tonight with all the big boys with Markie. He lands in San Francisco at 8:00PM and my dear friends Debbie and Gary are picking him up at the airport, so I don't have to drive down there. They are coming back from Los Angeles and will wait to pick up Maxwell. I was afraid I would miss taking my drugs till late and not have dinner, so they offered. That's what I'm talking about - there are bigger things to worry about. I am so lucky to have friends - no they were never friends - I have known them since I was 17 years old. Mark was in their wedding and Gary was in ours. I have worked for them for the past eleven years - so they are family!!!!!
I talked with Tippi today and she is going in for lab work tonight before we have our biopsy on the 23rd. She is anxious just like me. It is so hard when the time comes for heart biopsy because you don't want to reject. Its been a month since last biopsy for me and her, so we are really anxious. I did my lab work last week and all labs were great, including my cyclosporine court (stayed the same at 200). I took Decadron today and will be up all night - wires me. I feel pretty good right now, just cold. I'm sure its really cold outside but the drugs give me chills. So I have the fireplace going and sit under my electric blanket to keep warm. I'm watching my San Jose Sharks play and they just lost.
Tomorrow I'm going to the nail salon for manicure and hair waxing. I hate the waxing and I really hate the increase of hair growth - EVERYWHERE! Mom is taking me to Sally Hansen's on Friday to see if they have a face cream to use instead of wax cause the wax is peeling my face skin. It hurts! I asked Tippi to ask the lady who had her heart transplant two years ago what she uses for the hair growth. Like I said, there are bigger things to worry about.
I watch one of the talk shows today. I haven't done that in years. I listen to something that really meant something. Today with the world economy as it is, we are all suffering one way or another. Maybe losing our job, home, life savings. The woman said she did not have enough money to spend to buy gifts and decided to write letters to everyone for Christmas. She used beautiful stationary and envelopes to express what the season meant to her. I think that is a wonderful thing to do. I never cared for Christmas and one reason is the expense, stress, buying unnecessary gifts and so on. What a wonderful idea to express how one feels for the person receiving the letter. I'm sure it relieves stress on the receiver also not to have to buy a gift and spend money they don't have. Just a suggestion.
Mark took me to Kohl's last night to buy small things for the boys and Erin. It was crowded and the lines were all the way down the aisles. Of course, I had my mask on and a kind old lady asked if I was contagious. I said no and that I had a heart transplant almost 3 months ago. You should have seen the heads of everyone turn to look at me. They all said they have never known anyone who had a heart transplant and I said me either. Now I know lots! They kindly asked about my beautiful donor, in which, I told them her name is Jazmin and she is 18 years old. I told them to pray for her family and give them strength during this holiday season. I look at Jazmin's pictures all day and I know she is with me. My friend Karen told me yesterday and that's all I will say because alot of you know Karen is a medium, my very dear friend. She helped me to understand a very important issue that happened after my twin boys died. I carried something inside of me for the last 26 years and she got the answer from them. You have to believe and I do! Thank you Karen.
Well I guess I'm just rambling on but like my friend Suzann at work said, its good to journal to get things out. She's right it feels great.
Have a wonderful evening. I'm counting the moments until Maxwell comes home.
love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sissy,
Oh my God poor Max, as I am writing this I'm sure he is home and enjoying himself. Give him a big hug from his God Mom for me. I will try to come down before he leaves.
I heard from my friend today and she said she is happy you are doing great, and your Angel is there beside you always. That little voice or nudge you get to keep going, is Jazmin telling you to be strong because she was.

SO I loved the idea about letters, that is so wonderful, you know I sit and think of my problems and then you come to my heart and my problems just go away. My little things are meaningless, and I will always keep my head up and know I can do it too.

Well Sissy I will call you and get the boys together and come down next week, I do not have school, and either do the boys. Oh I did 4 sticks and I was told I was a PRO.

I love you.
Me

Anonymous said...

When I come over for the weekend in Jan i want to meet your sissy hehe
Tip