Sunday, August 26, 2012

Summer is Almost Over

Congratulations to Douglas Drafting and Douglas Painting Baseball Team!  2012 City Champions!  As you can see, Mark (Big) got a beer bath from the players.  It was so funny!

I'm so lucky to have those around me who truly believe and love me.  Life is so good!!!!

Nothing special has happen the last few weeks.  I finished another course of Cytoxan.  My numbers went up from 74 to 77 this past month.  It's so frustrating going through the chemo, sickness, being sore and tired and then the numbers do nothing.  I was hoping for a big jump down again but maybe this month.

Mark and I have not been to the lake house for almost 5 weeks.  We have been very busy on the weekends and then had more trouble with the electricity there.  Two weeks ago the outside electric pole got on fire and thank God Jeanie was there to stop it.  Well the fire chief would not turn on our electricity until we got certified by an electrician.  That didn't happen until 5 on Friday.  Too late to go and I felt really awful that day.  I told Mark that each month the week after taking Cytoxan I'm really in pain.  I just couldn't drive to the lake that night.

So this next weekend is the Big Weekend at the lake.  The owners of the park hire a DJ and we have a big BBQ with games for the kids.  Markie and Erin are coming up with my grandkids.  I'm so excited for little Markie to play in some of the games and play with the other kids.  It will be lots of fun.  I miss being up there.  I'm looking forward to spending more time there now that the electricity is completely fixed.  I love my little house.

Maxwell is settled in San Diego.  He has a job and is going to school.  He loves it there!  Matt and I are flying down there next month to spend 5 days with him.  Of course Mom will be cooking the whole time.  Max said just make him a few pots of spaghetti sauce.  It will be fun!

Well off to a BBQ at my neighbors.  Enjoy every moment!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: