Wednesday, March 31, 2010

THE ART OF WAITING

Waiting! I don't know about you but I hate to wait for anything. I hate waiting for the computer to start up, waiting in line at Starbucks drive thru and I especially hate waiting for my little grandson to be born.

Well 11 days from tomorrow and waiting! Erin is doing great! She goes to the doctor tomorrow for a full checkup and hopefully we will know how soon we have to WAIT!!! Markie said the other day, with all the technology why can't they tell when the baby will be born. I agree.

They are ready and yes "Waiting" for little Markie to be born. I thought to myself how fast these nine months went by. I'm sure if you asked Erin she would disagree. But I also realize how fast the years go by too. I thought, "it will be two years this September, I received my heart transplant". The years go by!!!

My heart is so full of joy knowing in just a week or so I will be holding my little grandson. I prayed to God each day I was sick that he would give me time to become a grandmother. I remember when I was being considered for the heart transplant telling the doctors "Just keep me living long enough to be a Grandma". I'm so blessed to be here today to cherish this moment. To see my son, Mark, become a father will be a moment that takes my breath away and one I will never forget.

Mark and I will be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary on Friday. Now where did 33 years go! We are going to the trailer for the weekend and will most likely go to dinner Friday night. We are on call for the baby to be born and will come home the minute Erin goes into labor. On Easter Sunday we are going to Scott and Linda Ford's house. I really enjoy going there for Easter and being around all her grandkids. Oh by the way she has 7. 6 girls and 1 boy. They are the best kids and their parents are too! Linda makes it so much fun. The kids play in the jumpie and hunt for eggs. The food is great and I plan to make my Ravioli lasagna. It will be a fun day!

Next year at Easter we will be celebrating little Markie's first birthday. I plan to spend this next year making memories with him to last forever. For me time is so precious and I don't want to miss a moment. I have dreamed of taking him to the trailer to go fishing, feeding the ducks and taking walks through the park. There are so many people who own trailers there who have been going to the park since they were very young. This is the reason why we brought the trailer to have moments with family and friends. I plan to spend many weekends at the trailer this summer entertaining friends and family. I call it "Memories in the Making".

Have a wonderful Easter. I will post the minute little Markie is born.

Love,
Debbie

No comments: