Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jazmin and Jamae's Headstone is Ordered

SAMPLE OF WHAT THE HEADSTONE LOOKS LIKE


I am so happy to let everyone who donated that the headstone is ordered and will be here sometime in April. Evelyn and I have had such an ordeal trying to order the headstone. Jazmin bless her heart had a dream of a headstone with a heart and two angels hugging the heart on each side. The problem was the grave site is not big enough for a headstone that size. So then we had to find another headstone that would fit on the grave site. We went to several companies but either they didn't have what we wanted or the biggest problem was they wouldn't install in the cemetery in Vacaville. Wow I learned alot.
On Saturday, I spent the day with Evelyn and her daughter Jessika. Jessika is Jazmin and Jamae's younger sister. She is beautiful and such a wonderful young lady. I really enjoyed my time with her. She was such an inspiration helping us to design and order the headstone. I'm so happy she was apart of this special day.
The headstone is basically just like the one above with some minor changes. The angel is in a soft gray color with highlights of white. The roses will be yellow with green stems. The lettering will be in white but a special font. On the back Evelyn wrote "In God's loving arms". It will be so beautiful and I'm happy it will be here soon. I know Jazmin was smiling down on us that day. I could feel her spirit was with us.
It will be a moment that takes my breath away the day the headstone is placed. I know it will be hard for Evelyn and her family but I hope she knows how much her beautiful daughters deserve to have a beautiful headstone on their resting place. I was there on Saturday and it hurts my heart to see these little green names plates with their information on it. It really made me mad to see how the landscapers just run their lawnmowers over the plates and they are all scratch up. I hope they are more careful with an expensive headstone.
Well the New Year is almost here. I wish everyone a Happy New Year! Be safe too! We will be spending our New Year at the trailer with friends. I'm really looking forward to it. It's been a few weeks since I have been there and I miss it. Hopefully, 2010 will bring good health and happiness to all! I'm really praying for the good health. 2008 was a year of diagnosis and eventually my heart transplant. 2009 was the stem cell transplant. So during 2010 I hope there will be no major treatments, just continuing with my weekly chemo and watch my numbers go down!!!!
Happy New Year!
Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

kevinandbarbie said...

We are like twins. My light chains came back today at 113. Let's kick this together. I'll see you next Tuesday. I also will be attacted by vampires. They always go for the jugular.
Kevin