Monday, January 18, 2010

More Good News

Every month I nervously wait for the results of my light chain count. This month was the same. I had a heart biopsy on Tuesday and of course I'm worried about that but then its waiting for the both results that drives me crazy. On Wednesday, I received the results of my heart biopsy. NER - no evidence of rejection. What great news! This I think makes 5 or 6 in a row. Jazmin and I are so perfectly matched. Then on Friday, I saw Dr. Acktar and he gave me the great news about my light chain count. The numbers are dropping and my count went down to 102. It's still dropping and that's all that matters. I can't wait for the number to go below 100. That will be a moment that takes my breath away!!! So for another month the same treatment, Monday Decadron and Tuesday chemo for three weeks.

I spent a wonderful weekend at the trailer on Saturday and Sunday. It was raining and I loved it! It's so cozy! Rob put a new light fixture in my kitchen and spare bedroom. They have been there since the trailer was new in 1969. They were so awful. It's little things like that, that make the trailer so homey. I can't wait to go back this weekend. It's my little place in heaven.

I want everyone to know that my long periods between postings doesn't mean something is wrong. Maxwell's charger for his computer is dead and he is using my computer alot. I promise if something is wrong, everyone will know about it before I even get a chance to post it.

I'm looking at going to Las Vegas for my sister Mary's 50th birthday. I keep thinking about the money. I hate that! My life is measured by moments and I hate that I might miss that moment. It's a special time for my sister and I don't want to miss it. I think about the moments that we will make that will take my breath away. I don't want to miss a moment!

This week is going to be really quiet except for chemo and labs tomorrow. With all the storms coming, it's better to just stay inside.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's Awesome!

Love You