Tuesday, December 22, 2009

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

LAMBHA LIGHT CHAIN COUNT
119
Another drop in last month in my light chain count. Dr. Akthar was very pleased with the results. He said that as long as the numbers keep dropping, I will hit a plateau and then he will consider going on a maintenance program and off chemo for a while. That would be a blessing!
The normal range is 26, so I still have a long way to go but my wish is 2010 I will reach normal range and stay there. I keep praying to God each day to help me get healthy again. I'm feeling great except for the cold. My new shared heart is strong and helps me to do my weekly workout with my trainer. I still have some extra things to do to maintain my health such as walking or riding my bike and eating better. It's so frustrating being on these drugs because I'm hungry all the time. The steroids put weight on fast. I lost alot after stem cell transplant but thanks to Decadron its all back on again. So all millions of us say each year "I'll start eating and exercising more in 2010". For me that is so important, because I realized after heart transplant how being in shape really helped in my recovery.
Well if this week gets crazy and want to wish everyone a blessed Christmas! Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away. Live by those words because you never know what lies ahead. I want to live each moment to the fullest.
I'm going on a cruise in May to Alaska. It's not Seabourn (DARN!! but Holland America. This will be my first cruise on a big ship, 1800 passengers compare to Seabourn at 200. I don't think my little guy with the spray bottle will be coming around and spraying me to keep cool, HAHA. Well in Alaska that won't happen. Maybe in 2011 I will be able to go back to Italy on Seabourn. I wanted to stay close to the US in case of any emergency. It will be fun to see the beautiful scenery, animals and of course make those moments that take my breath away.
Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!
love to all,
Debbie

1 comment:

kevinandbarbie said...

That's wonderful. I hope this is a sign of things to come. 2010 will be a great year.