Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  May your day be blessed with family and friends.  Be thankful, be happy and above all MAKE EVERY MOMENT COUNT!!!

Just got back from Pittsburgh yesterday.  To be honest did not feel well the whole time there.  I was on the stronger dose of Cytoxan and it made me really sick.  I spent most of the time in the hotel in bed.  I didn't go to the game on Sunday with Mark and Jeff.  Just too sick!!!  Then the worst of it was the flight home yesterday.  United changed our flight from a non stop to a lay over in Houston.  So instead of a 4 hour or so flight, it was over 7 hours for both flights.  I was exhausted yesterday.

I have been having trouble with my neck since having the heart bio in September.  The doctors think they hit a nerve.  So I have constant pain on my right side of my neck.  I remember a point during the bio when the doctor was pulling out the sample my entire body jerked and came off the table.  It didn't hurt but it definitely was a nerve that was hit.  So now they are trying to decide whether to put me on antiflamatory medication (more steroids).  This is such a pain in the A_ _.  I wish I could feel the way I did over a year ago but unfortunately I have been going down ever since last September.  Yes my heart is strong and I'm surviving a rare fatal disease but I don't feel like my quality of life is what it should be.  I'm blessed and thankful for every day and enjoy every moment I have.

We are having Thanksgiving at brother Joey and Rachel's house.  I'm so excited.  I decided not to take Decadron this week because again I would be sick.  I want to enjoy Thanksgiving and my birthday which is on Thanksgiving!  We made 16 bags or 42 cups of home made gnocchi.  I think we will have enough.

Lots happening the next month.  Hailey turns 1 on December 8th.  I have to start making my gingerbread houses for my grandkids and my donor sisters.  Evelyn and the girls are coming to the trailer and we are going to have a weekend together (girls only) decorating their gingerbread houses.  My little house here is just too small and I thought it would be fun to spend the weekend with Evelyn and the girls.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: