Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mark Aaron Douglas

MARK AARON DOUGLAS
BORN APRIL 6, 2010 AT 9:54AM
7 POUNDS 15 OUNCES
21 INCHES LONG

DADDY AND LITTLE MARKIE

GO SHARKS!!!!


THE NEXT JOE THRONTON IN THE MAKING

Wow what a week it has been! Seeing my grand child for the first time was a moment that took my breath away. I don't think there could or will be another moment like this. I will cherish it forever!
Mom and baby are doing great. Erin is a wonderful Mom and I can already tell that little guy thinks she is "special" and so do we. It's so cute how he looks for her when he hears her voice. It is so amazing to watch. To see the love in her eyes for this little person takes my breath away.
As for my son, seeing him as a father was the proudest moment in my life. I felt so proud to be his Mom and experience this moment with him. He is so happy to have Markie here. He looks forward to those moments he will spend with his son at Home Depot, planting in the garden and of course going to a Sharks game. He will be a wonderful Dad!!!
To hear myself say to Little Markie, "Hi Sweetie, it's Nana" was so awesome. For years I have dreamed of becoming a grandma or to be called "Nana". Finally that moment is here. When I look into his eyes I think about how much my life means now. A year and half ago if it wasn't for my family, friends, doctors, my donor Jazmin and her family I would not have been here to experience this moment. I thank God for the blessings in my life and for my grandson Mark. I know what life is about. It's about living and enjoying each and every moment you have on this earth. So enjoy life! I plan to spend as much time making moments that take my breath away with my family and friends.
Enjoy this moment!!
Love,
Debbie

3 comments:

Judy said...

Debbie (Nana)

What a beautiful grandson! I know how proud of him you are. You will have many days to "take your breath away" with this little guy. Congratulations!!

Judy

carolyn said...

Debbie,
Congrats!!!!!!!
I also go by Nana.
Now you are in the club!!!!
People who don't have grandchildren
don't really understand the full debth of what it feels like.
Then when they have their own it's like a light came on, on what you were talking about when you shared your stories about them!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
Congratulations he looks absolutely perfect. Enjoy every moment with him.

Denise