Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Can't Think of a Title for This Post

Isn't that funny but my mine is completely blank and I can't think of a title for this post. I have a lot going on these days.

The month of February is really busy. This weekend on Saturday night is our son Mark's second annual Beer Bong tournament. He has about 30 people coming over to play. This should be interesting. Last year it went on until 3 in the morning. I won't be playing but its nice to see all the boys and girls Markie played hockey with. Funny they are not boys and girls anymore but men and women, some are married and having children. Time goes by so fast.

Sunday is Super Bowl and of course we are having a Super Bowl party in the bar. Every year it gets alittle bigger and Mark has several football pools going. It's so fun! Last year I wasn't able to go out because it was so close to my heart transplant and I didn't want to get sick. Of course I ended up getting pneumonia anyway. This year I'm doing great and I will just be careful not to be near anyone sick.

The next few weekends I have parties to go to and I am giving Erin her first baby shower on February 21st. It will be so much fun. I have over 50 coming. No games played at the shower. She hates games and so do I. We are just going to eat, visit with everyone and enjoy the moment.

The following weekend on February 26th my sister Mary and I will fly to VEGAS!!! Wow I can't wait. We are staying at the Belligio and seeing the show "LOVE" set to the Beetle music. I am going to take her to dinner at Prime for her 50th birthday on Saturday. I'm sure there will be moments that take my breath away. She is my little sister and I can't believe she will turn 50. Time goes by fast!

Time goes by fast. Don't waste it on things that stress you. Enjoy each moment we have on this earth with the ones you love. Remember the quote. I have this in my trailer on my wall.
Life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away!
Live by this message. I try to everyday.

Next week is my off week for chemo. I will take my blood test for light chain count on Wednesday and hopefully by Friday I will have the results. I'm hoping and praying for the count to be below 100. How exciting will that be to finally break the 100 mark. I will let everyone know once I have the reading. I am so blessed to have the results so far.

My friend, Yolanda is currently at Stanford undergoing her stem cell transplant. My prayers are with her. I think about her each day because I know where she is at each point of the stem cell transplant. I know this week is going to be tuff but the results are worth it. I'm finally seeing results I think from the stem cell transplant. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Also, this year I celebrate one year since I have met and develop a loving relationship with my donor family. Evelyn, Ben, Ashanti, Angelina and Jessika have shown me so much love. They are a big part of my family. We will always share our love and support for each other. I'm excited because they are coming to visit on Sunday for Super Bowl. I miss them!

Have a wonderful week and weekend. Hopefully, I don't forget to take pictures. I cleaned out my pictures from my camera this weekend so I could take pictures when I went to the trailer. I forgot to take one picture. The lake was beautiful with snow on the mountains and I forgot to take a picture. Bad girl. I need to change that!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: