Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sick Again! Really!

Yes sick again!  Spent the entire morning until 2PM at Kaiser for x rays, doctor appointments, chemo and waiting for medicine at the pharmacy.  I hate being sick!

So Dr. Couglin said no pneumonia, which was so great to hear but having problems again breathing.  She gave me antibiotics and an inhaler.  She did prescribed cough medicine but of course pharmacy after an hour did not have it ready.  I just could not wait.  I was feeling awful.

My son Matthew is having surgery on Thursday.  I will be caring for him after surgery at his house in Emeryville.  So these magic pills better start working FAST!  I'm not going to let him go there without me.  Dr. Couglin said wear your mask at all times.  I'm not contagious because its going on over a week now but I will be careful around him.

I can't wait for summer to come.  This cold is really getting to me.  Going to Vegas next month and hopefully it will be warmer.  Looking forward to spending time at a nice hotel and doing a lot of window shopping.  I don't need anything!  All I want is to spend time with my sister and my son Matt.  It will be fun hanging with Matthew and his friends.  They are staying at Aira in a suite.  Of course, Matt knows how to work it and will be going to Matrix for the night life.  Annie and I will be in bed by then watching the fountains at Bellegio from our room.  Can't wait!  I'm going to Vegas and Mark and the guys are going to Reno.  Guess what they will be doing!!!!

I have been working on redecorating my little house here.  Just finished the guest room and tomorrow will be my first trip to Ikea.  Now everyone says it is just like Costco and those of you know how much I love Costco.  Matt is taking me there because he lives right there and my only purchase will be baskets in different colors, textures and styles.  I'm trying to make a collection of cool baskets over my closet to hide the storage stuff.  Everyone said Ikea has the cheapest baskets, so we are going shopping.

I'm also redoing the back splash in the trailer at the lake.  I found a beautiful glass Italian tile in a wine and burgundy color with a splash of browns, black and gold.  That matches my new counter tops perfect.  The back splash is a focal point when you first walk into the trailer and the beautiful tile will definitely set it off.  I love my little places!

Well as you all know from my last post my dad passed away on Saturday.  Although I have not seen or spoke to him for over 5 years it still hurts.  He was very very sick and I know in my heart that he is in a better place now.  He died not knowing about my medical issues and I just hope he will look over me now.  It's very sad and it hurts but I have peace knowing he is out of pain and with my Nana Salvato.  Rest in peace daddy, finally!

Watching my Sharks play again tonight and hoping for another win.  This game will be tuff because the Oilers are a really good team.  5 on 3 and we just scored!!!!

Have a wonderful week and stay healthy!!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: