Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Jamae Domonique Mitchell and Jazmin Iris Mitchell
Twins for Life

Jazmin Iris Mitchell
MY ANGEL



Jazmin Iris Mitchell was a beautiful 18 year old woman. She was loved by her family. I am told she loved the color purple, dreamed of traveling, becoming a veterinarian, was engaged to be married to Marco, honest, loving, strong, compassionate, accomplished artist and is my angel!


She is my donor and I will always be grateful for the gift that she and her family gave to me on the night of September 26, 2008. I want my friends and family to read and see what a beautiful woman she was.


How do you say thank you to a family who is still grieving the lost of a child. I have lost two children myself, my twins Joseph and George. Tragically, my donor family has also lost two children, twin daughters Jamae on December 2, 2006 and now Jazmin on September 22, 2008. My twins were babies and yes the hurt never goes away but nothing compares to the lost of two daughters at the prime of their lives. I want so much to hug their Mom Evelyn with my shared heart, her daughter Jazmin’s heart. I want her to feel Jazmin beating inside me. Evelyn has said after the holidays that we will meet and I will hold her so tight, because I know that is what Jazmin would want me to do. I can’t wait for that moment in time. It will definitely take my breath away!


I look and talk to Jazmin each morning. I thank her and tell her we have a full life to live. She wanted to travel and I promised her good friend Sonia that I would take her traveling and see the world. I plan to go back to Italy in two years when the doctors give me the ok to travel. I want to see Paris, Ireland, Greece and even places in the United States like Washington DC, Niagara Falls, The Liberty Bell, Lincoln Memorial, Yosemite, Vietnam War Memorial, and Arlington Cemetery. She will be with me sharing these moments.


Jazmin saved many lives that night and is truly a HERO! Her life will always live on in all of us who received life saving organs from this beautiful woman. I know I will always cherish my shared heart. I speak of our heart as “shared” because my good friend Doctor Kevin Anderson, who received a heart transplant on August 15, 2008, first spoke of his donor’s heart as shared. I thought that was very interesting to call our new hearts “shared” but he is right. Jazmin lived for 18 years with the heart that is now beating inside me and I will live the rest of my life with her heart, so we are sharing this beautiful strong heart.

So my wish is to honor this beautiful woman and her loving family. I hope my family and friends will welcome them into our lives and pray for them in their time of sorrow.
Love to My Donor Family,
Debbie

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

What a beautiful angel you have sissy. We are so grateful to her and her family. God Bless you Jazmin.

.:amanda aka supafly:. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
.:amanda aka supafly:. said...

jazmin and jamae were my younger cousins...the reality of them being gone still hasn't really hit. I'm glad jaz's heart is still beating and was able to save you're life.